There are tremendous benefits to be achieved through regular massage therapy treatments from a Registered Massage Therapist. Whether your need is to have a moment of relaxation, reduce muscle tension or attain relief from chronic pain, a therapeutic massage can enhance your overall sense of emotional and physical well-being as well as your quality of life.
1. When injured tissue is massaged it heals with less scaring.
2. The repair of tissue that is massaged is 5-7 times faster than tissue that is not massaged.
3. The pain can be reduced with massage.
4. Function of the injured area can be regained faster with massage.
5. Massage can help with full range of movement of the injured area.
6. An injury that is treated with sports massage techniques will have a lesser risk of re-occurrence than one left to heal itself.
7. The athletes fitness capabilities will be increased due to massage – can aid with recovery time, improves flexibility etc.
8. Post-event massage helps clear out waste and toxins e.g. lactic acid from the muscles, reducing stiffness and enabling faster recovery than post-event rest.